What equipment do I need for a virtual physiotherapy visit?
For a virtual physiotherapy session, you will need:
- A computer or mobile device (tablet, smart phone) with an integrated camera or webcam and a microphone
- Good internet connection that allows you to stream video
Wear comfortable clothing similar to your in clinic sessions and prepare a clear space to move around freely.
Make sure to test your computer connection, microphone & camera and be prepared for your session.
What Conditions can I receive treatment for via Virtual physiotherapy?
Tele-rehabilitation is currently being used by physiotherapists to manage a variety of conditions including:
- Back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain just to name a few
- Knee & hip arthritis pain & stiffness
- Rehabilitation before and after surgeries
- Neurological conditions
- Vestibular disorders (dizziness and imbalance)
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
Will my insurer cover virtual physiotherapy provided by my physiotherapist?
Most insurance carriers cover virtual or video treatments provided by physiotherapists. However, you should always call your insurance company and verify what your individual policy covers.