Kanako is a registered Physiotherapist who graduated with a Master of Science Degree in Physiotherapy from University of Toronto in 2016, and with Honours of Kinesiology from McMaster University in 2014.
Kanako has an extensive experiences in variety of clinical experiences including private clinics and hospitals. Throughout her experiences, Kanako has become competent in treating a wide variety of injuries, including simple and complex orthopedic conditions (e.g. muscle strains, post-surgical injuries, arthritis, fractures, and chronic pain), and neurological conditions (e.g. stroke, multiple sclerosis). Kanako also provides treatments for vestibular conditions (e.g. BPPV, Meniere’s Disease), concussion, and pelvic health conditions (e.g. urinary incontinence, pain with sexual intercourse).
Kanako’s therapy integrates a combination of manual therapy skills, acupuncture, fascial stretching, postural and kinesiotaping, exercises, and electrical modalities. Kanako is committed to keeping her knowledge and technical skills up to date and relevant by completing continuing education courses including:
• The Role of Physiotherapy in The Treatment of Anyone Experiencing Pelvic Pain through a Trauma-Informed Lens Level 2 (Pelvic Health Solutions)
• The Physical Therapy Approach to Anyone Experiencing Urinary Incontinence Level 1 (Pelvic Health Solutions)
• Movement Analysis Program Level 1
• Certified Fascial Stretch Therapy Level 1 (Stretch to Win Center and Institute)
• Best Practices in Concussion Management: Level 1 (Shift Concussion Management)
• Introductory and Advanced Vestibular Rehabilitation (Dr. Bernard Tonks)
• Advanced Lumbopelvic Complex, Upper Extremity, Cervicothoracic Courses (Advanced Physical Therapy Education Institute)
• Acupuncture Level I (Acupuncture Canada)
During her free time, Kanako enjoys being active and loves sports such as beach volleyball, badminton, and snowboarding. Kanako has also successfully summitted Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania in January 2023!
Click HERE to book your appointment with Kanako
WE ARE OPEN
AS ESSENTIAL HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS, WE REMAIN OPEN FOR IN-CLINIC TREATMENTS DURING THE PROVINCE WIDE EMERGENCY BREAK ANNOUNCED ON APRIL 01, 2021
Physiomobility continues to remain open and is not part of the lockdown. We continue to have rigorous disinfection policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety of our community and are open for patient in-person visits with all of our practitioners.
Virtual appointments are available and encouraged for those who are at a heightened risk of illness.
We remain focused on our quality of care & our continued commitment to helping our patients feel their best. For further assistance, you can contact us at 416-444-4800 during our opening hours.
The Physiomobility Team