PHYSIOMOBILITY HEALTH & SAFETY STANDARD
We understand the seriousness and concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus and are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our clients, team, and communities. As we prepare to re-open our clinics for in-person treatments, we have reconfigured our clinic space and are making changes as how we operate. While the look of our clinic may be different from what you are used to, our care is the same high quality that you would expect from us.
Watch this video before your visit
CLIENT & STAFF SCREENING
We appreciate your understanding:
- Please complete Intake forms on line and submit prior to your visit.
- Screening is applicable to every client, team member and visitors. This includes the person accompanying our patient to the clinic.
- Complete the screening tool on the day of your visit (must be completed on every visit). You will receive a link to this form with your appointment reminder text.
- Contact less thermometer may be used to screen body temperature prior you entering the clinic.
- Any client, their companion, staff member, and visitor who shows COVID-19 symptoms, or answers "Yes" to any of the screening questions , will not be allowed in the clinic. We advise you to complete the Ontario's Online Self-assessment Tool before contacting your medical doctor or Toronto Public Health.
WHAT TO EXPECT AND HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
ATTENDING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please attend your appointment on time to help us remain on schedule. If you arrive early, please wait in your car or wait outside. Give us a call so we know that you have arrived.
- Upon your arrival, please sanitize your hands.
- Please wear a mask.
- If you do not have a mask, we will provide a disposable surgical mask.
- Until further notice, wearing a mask inside the clinic is mandatory.
- Wait until we invite you in and escort you to your treatment room where your therapist is waiting for you.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
We will employ measures to minimize exchange of paper. This includes:
- Cashless or no-contact method of payment are available:
- Debit or credit card tap option payment
- Online payment through our website
- Digital copies of home exercise programs, receipts, and reports will be provided.
- We encourage you to book your appointments in blocks of 3 weeks to secure a spot. Book via e.mail or phone to minimize crowd in the office and the time that you spend in the clinic.
CLEANING & SANITIZATION PROCEDURES
Hand washing and sanitization is the most important measure in COVID-19 infection prevention.
- Health Canada approved hand sanitizers and disinfectants will be available for use in multiple areas of the clinic.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected multiple times during the day.
- All equipment used by/for the patient will be sanitized frequently and after each use.
- All linens will be laundered between uses according to standard procedures.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
We are installing Plexiglass barriers at both of our reception desks.
- All staff with the exception of administrators will wear re-usable or procedure masks.
- Therapists in close physical contact with patients may wear a linen gown.
- Steri pillows, treatment tables, chairs and surfaces will be wiped between patients.
- Gowns, pillow cases, and towels will be changed between each patient and laundered onsite according to routine practices.
We have reconfigured our clinic to create larger treatment zones and minimize cross contamination of equipment.
- All of our treatment rooms are private.
- When you arrive for your appointment, you will be taken immediately to your treatment room where you will remain for your entire treatment session.
- Our gym & exercise studios are now open for your one-on-one sessions with our kinesiologists and exercise therapists.
Do I have to book appointment?
Treatments are only available with appointment by phone and e.mail
Why am I on waiting list?
To maintain physical distancing and ensure the safety of our clients and our team, we are working at a reduced capacity. We can always provide remote or online treatment with no wait list.
Is the cancellation policy in effect?
24 hour cancellation policy is in effect. We may be able to change your in-person appointment to a virtual appointment
What if I do not feel comfortable coming to the clinic?
We continue to provide on-line /virtual treatments
I have no childcare and can not come to the clinic. What is the solution?
We continue to provide on-line /virtual treatments
Can I change my appointment to an online session?
That is a possibility. We may not be able to switch the appointment for the same day and time. The 24 hour cancellation will be in effect if we can not switch you to a virtual session for the same time and date.
Can I combine my in-person treatments with virtual sessions?
You and your therapist will decide if you are a good candidate for a hybrid treatment plan when you can combine in-person visits with virtual sessions.
What will Physiomobility do if someone (client or team member) tests positive for COVID-19?
We have a detailed procedure for suspected or confirmed cases based on the guidelines by local public health authorities and College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
BOOK YOUR NEXT THERAPY SESSION