© 2017 Physiotherapy & Massage Clinic - Physiomobility.com. All Rights Reserved.
Pre-natal massage therapy is becoming increasingly popular due to its many benefits. Numerous studies have been done on the subject and it seems like prenatal massage therapy is quickly becoming a must for pregnant women. There are many advantages to prenatal massage therapy. If you’re unsure if this is right for you, here are eight reasons why a pre-natal massage can help during your pregnancy.
- Hormone regulation: Pregnancy causes fluctuations in your hormone levels that can lead to depression. However, women who underwent prenatal massage therapy found their moods to be more pleasant and didn’t report depressed feelings.
- Stress reduction: There are so many stresses associated with pregnancy that it can take a toll on your overall wellbeing. Receiving a prenatal massage can reduce stress on not just your body but your mind too.
- Less nerve pain: Too many women experience pains in their sciatic nerve as their pregnancies enter the last trimester. This is due to the uterus resting on the muscles of the lower back and pelvic floor. This leads to tension in the upper and lower legs and nerve pain. Massages can soothe inflamed nerves and relieve the pressure put on by the uterus.
- Decline in swelling: Edema, the swelling of the joints, is something that many pregnant women experience. This is due to pressure on the blood vessels and fluids collecting in the joints. Prenatal massage therapy stimulates your body’s soft tissues and reduces the chance of fluids collecting in your joints and causing swelling.
- Decreased back pain: During your pregnancy you are carrying a heavy load, which puts pressure on your back. To combat back pain during your pregnancy, opt for a prenatal massage, which works to help relax your back.
- Improved circulation: Our circulatory systems are affected by pregnancy too. A prenatal massage will help increase circulation by ensuring that your system is moving properly.
- Reduced headaches: Pregnancy can bring with it severe headaches. These headaches are caused by tension, lack of sleep and stress. Prenatal massages can reduce headaches by helping you relax.
- Better sleep: Sleep is something pregnant women don’t seem to get enough of. Prenatal massage therapy helps you rest better and leads to improved sleeping conditions. The more relaxed you are, the more likely you are to get a good night’s sleep.
Do not visit a regular massage clinic for your prenatal massage. You must see a trained prenatal massage specialist. Contact us today to book your appointment.